Tuesday, May 19, 2009

6 days & counting!

Hi everyone! It feels like forever since I've last posted but I guess it's only been a few days. We are about 6 days away from completely moving out of our house and into our pods! We decided to go the pods route instead of a moving truck because we didn't know if we would have enough help. This gives us the flexibility of moving stuff into the pods over a week or so and as a result, the pressure is off for having volunteers. Our closing is now the evening of the 27th (1 week from tomorrow!) and we've been trying to kick it into high gear. Because of the flaky-ness of this buyer, we've literally had to wait until the last minute before packing & changing addresses for the new house. I can't tell you how much we are all longing to just get packed up and settled in the new place! We are both so incredibly tired - please continue to pray for us as we both feel so overwhelmed w/all that needs to be done.

I don't have any news regarding our former foster daughter. She had told me she would call me back last Thursday after school and I did not hear from her. Please continue to pray for her and especially for the DHS caseworkers who are supposedly investigating. Unfortunately for the children here, our county is seriously one of the worst in the state as far as the services go. I've spoken w/the caseworker who is investigating and am trying to follow up, w/out being too annoying, to let her know that I take our foster daughter's charges very seriously and am concerned for her. Please pray that they will take her seriously and for her safety!

No news yet on our China adoption. We just completed updating our fingerprints for our 1-I7I and continue to wait. We're still thinking we'll hear something the middle of June but it really could be any day. I was listening to some worship music yesterday while walking and was brought to tears when I started to imagine what it will feel like to get "the call." I wonder all the time if Jasmine is being loved and cared for or if she's just one of many in the orphanage. I pray that God or His angels are whispering to her to hang on 'cause she has a mommy & daddy & sister who love her very much...almost as much as Jesus loves her. We pray for her every night and every night Lily prays for Jasmine to "know much how I love her." I imagine what it will be like to hold her for the first time and what it will be like to have 2 precious girls playing together at last. It will be so hard but we can't wait!

Thanks again - all 2 or 3 of you that read this blog (ha!) for all of your prayers and encouragement! We love you and we'll keep you posted!

No comments: