Saturday, April 25, 2009

Obedience = Sacrifice

Hi everyone! So we FINALLY feel like we got some insight into our "situation" with our house. That God...what a kidder. I was meeting a friend for tea and was doing my usual begging God for help & strength, begging Him to help us know if we're to continue selling our house and asking Him to make things crystal clear. In the process of pouring my heart out to God, I asked Him how much do we need to sacrifice in order to obey Him? All of the sudden I felt Him say "Miss California." I immediately thought "oh crap." Miss California, because of her unwillingness to compromise the truth, lost the Miss USA contest. As I was sharing this w/my friend later, she said to me, "Donna, maybe all of this has been about obedience and not just about selling the house." Interesting. I don't know why I haven't thought of this before! As I was sharing this with Jim, interestingly enough, he too was asking similar questions. He pointed out that Jesus had made the ultimate sacrifice, Abraham was willing to sacrifice his son, etc. Hello! How in the world did I get to the mindset that being obedient means only blessings and not sacrifice?!

So, after a lot of prayer and talking, Jim and I made the decision to way slash the price on our house. If getting our house sold and helps bring Jasmine home sooner, it's worth it. More importantly, if this helps us to grow in our obedience to God, then this will REALLY be worth it!

Please keep on praying for us because we're nowhere near the end of this particular faith journey and I have no doubt that there will be more ups and downs before we bring Jasmine home and begin THAT journey! We are both excited to feel like we're slowly figuring out what we're supposed to be learning in all of this and can't wait to see how God's going to work it all out!

No comments: