Sunday, October 23, 2011

Waiting during trials

It's a constant source of awe and amazement for me at how God meets our deepest needs during some of the toughest times in our lives.  How trials can become treasures.  How He uses others to come alongside of us.  How His scriptures are continuously ministering to us in a variety of circumstances and how we can walk into a service with thousands of other people and have that very message sooth our soul and ease our fears.  I feel so blessed to know with my whole heart that God loves me and, despite all of the many things I do wrong on a daily basis, He doesn't withhold one ounce of his love or forgiveness or blessing from my life.  Believe or not, I see this fact the most clearly when I have gone or am going through difficult trials.  I saw His incredible love & healing POUR out on us when we left our old church.  Every week, every song, every message was as if they were all meant for us personally.  Then a few months later when we learned we were matched with our forever daughter, Jasmine, God once again poured out His love and reassurance and provision for our adoption.  Every dime provided for by the time we were home, every detail taken care of.  I went through an extended time of post adoption depression that God graced me and my family through, the loss of my precious lab that has been my rock and comfort for the last 9 years and 2 lay-offs that God allowed us to be spared from.  In each trial, God was present, arms open, filling us with peace and love and healing.  Each time has brought us closer to Him, growing our character and our faith.  The latest trial, the possibility of having cancer, has given me the most amazing time of just being held in God's hands while I wait for the results of my biopsies.  I can't even begin to describe how precious this time has been, knowing that in the next few days, I could be getting a call that will change my life forever or I could get good news...either way, KNOWING that I am safely in God's arms and that He will take care of every detail.  It's been an incredible time of waiting....feeling yourself in God's hands and not wanting to disturb the feeling of being in that zone, keeping your eyes focused on Him and just waiting.  And those times when I've been overwhelmed with the shock, feeling Him reminding me that He holds it ALL and He has conquered it ALL, even cancer, if it comes down to that.  I am so humbled that the God of the universe would take so much time to reassure me that He is here with me and that He will not let me go!  Even if my news turns out to be cancer, I wouldn't trade this precious waiting in God's arms for ANYTHING! 

What are you waiting on God for?  Maybe you just need to rest in His arms while you wait and trust that He holds it all.  This song by New Life called "Greater" has really ministered to me these past few weeks while I've been waiting and I wanted to share them.

"Find rest my soul
Confess you're weary
Surrender all
Embrace your healing

I will cast my cares
You have always cared

You are greater
Greater than the fight
That rages for my life
I have found my rest is in
You are brighter
Breaking through the night
Lighting up my sight
I have seen my rest is in You

Find hope my soul
You know He's with you
My Savior God
Still I will praise You

His yoke is easy
His burden is light
I have decided
I'm gonna fix my eyes
On the perfecter the author of my faith
Jesus Christ"

"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God." (Psalm 42:11)  Friends and family will fail you, stuff breaks, but God is the ONE, true hope!

No comments: