Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 3

The fun thing about God is that each day brings new adventures and surprises. Today as I tried to connect w/the depth of God's love, I found it in a friend and time w/my children. My friend is a brand-new Christian and come to find out, in our conversation today, that we're both looking to make the most of the time we have w/our kiddos. We decided today to hold each other accountable and I think she's going to join me in this 40 day challenge. Isn't it just like God to bring you a workout partner for the things you're most wrestling with?!

The most precious, though, today, was experiencing God's love through my girls. I've been feeling dehydrated all day, despite a large intake of fluids, and ended up w/a migraine that hit around dinner time. Jim took care of the girls while I laid down and my precious Lily came in and covered me w/one of her dolly blankets so she could make my headache "happy so it will go away." How precious is that?! I just marveled at my precious girl's little heart and her desire for me to feel better and thanked God for the privilege of being her mama. My other moment was with Jasmine and going into her room to get her back to sleep tonight. I just stood there for about 10 minutes and gently stroked her sweet, soft face to help get her back to sleep. I smiled down at her trying not to close her eyes and just melted as she gave me the most precious little smiles. God is so good to give me such precious girls. I couldn't help but think about the lyrics to "How He Loves" by David Crowder.

"He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realise just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us so,
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all

Yeah, He loves us,
Oh! how He loves us,
Oh! how He loves us,
Oh! how He loves.


We are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes,
If grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking.
And Heaven meets earth like an unforseen kiss,
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest,
I don’t have time to maintain these regrets,
When I think about, the way He Loves"

I can't wait to see what Day 4 brings.

No comments: